Saturday, August 25, 2012

Some sparkle, and a miss!

Hey Carol, this one's for you!  I took your suggestion after creating THIS card, and did a version in blue.  This time I *may* have gone overboard with the swirls, but I still like this version too.  Here is a close-up of the sparkle on the flake:
At least I tried to capture the sparkle...it really looks awesome IRL! 

And now for the miss:
as in I missed entering it in the last Merry Monday challenge by thiiiiiis much!  I had the card finished, but never got around to getting it posted to the blog.  sigh...but I really liked it, so I decided to post it anyhow.  The dp and purple cardstock are from a Recollections set I got at Michael's, while the stamped mittens and sentiment are Studio G.  I colored some clear bling to match and added some sparkle to the mittens with a Sakura pen. 

Well, I suppose that is all for tonight.  Work beckons tomorrow (yuck), so I'll get to posting...take care until next time!  :)

~Marie~

2 comments:

  1. Very nice cards, Marie, I really like the "blue version" very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards. I really love the first one with all the layers of snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...