Sunday, August 31, 2014

Happy Labor Day weekend in the USA!

I just wanted to get on here quickly to share my Merry Monday card for the week.  Bonnie is looking for wreaths this week, and here is mine:

 
I gotta run to a friend's baby shower, so I'll be back later this evening to share details.
 
Ok, I'm back!  The baby shower was really nice, and my friend Rachel looks so cute with her pregnant belly!  :)  I would share the card I made for the shower, but I unintentionally deleted the pics from the camera...sigh.  That's what happens when I'm in a hurry!
 
So, onto the details of this card...the wreath is a Silhouette file, cut in two shades of green.  The bottom layer was glued down in one piece, while the upper layers were cut apart and glued randomly to *hopefully* look natural.  The bow is three burlap strings I had laying on my desk.  The sentiment (Vintage Christmas- The Paper Company) is stamped in Memento Ladybug Red, while Frayed Burlap was used around the edges of the card base and wreath panel.  I think I may add some glitter to the wreath for some oomph...what do ya think?
 
Anyway, that's all there is to it!  Thanks for looking!
 
 
~Marie
 

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Marie, I love your layered wreath. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful wreath! Love the added jingle bells!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made an absolutely gorgeous wreath! I vote yes for adding a bit of glitter, but then I love glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This wreath looks real, Marie! And I love the tiny jingle bells! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the rustic and beautiful golds and greens you've used! Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a greenery wreath, just greenery! I think it looks so organic on your card and your big twine and jingle bell bow is just the right rustic addition, Marie! It is beautiful!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marie, I just realized that you don't show up in my reader list. I thought you had stopped your blog. Here It's not you...it's me that's lost...What elese is new? LOL

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...