Sunday, September 14, 2014

Christmas, critters, and snowmen!

Happy Sunday evening all!  Well, Rena's party was a success!  I was keeping the design of the cupcakes I had a friend's daughter make for me a surprise...she used the symbols of Rena's current favorite band on top, and Rena loved them!  YEA!!!  She gave me a couple of hugs during the party, so I guess everything went well!  :)  *warm fuzzies*
Now onto my card for this evening:
I am TOTALLY loving making square cards of late...too bad they won't go thru the mail!    :(  I made this one late last night...I've been wanting to use the acetate sheets I purchased for quite some time now and finally took the time to do so!  The snowflake border is from Memory Box cut out of white glitter paper.  I cut the middle section out of the front of the card and replaced it with a piece of acetate.  The snowman piece is from a 3D tag that Stef of Ingenious Inkling sent me a few years ago after I drooled over these 4 cards she had made using tags she got at Michael's.  Needless to say I WANTED those tags, but by the time I got to my nearest Mike's, they were gone.  Stef was generous enough to send me some tags and shamefully I am just now using one...#NBUS ALERT#...*hangs head in embarrassment.*  Anyhow, I ripped carefully peeled off the 3D part of the tag and used it here.  I like that it comes complete with a sentiment!  :)  I added some of the cutout snowflakes from the Memory Box die cuts to the acetate piece, and this card was complete!
I would like to submit this to the following challenges:
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Extra:  Anything Goes (all month)
My buddy Darnell's NBUS challenge; if you don't know Darnell, check out her blog, she's a HOOT!
 
As always, thanks for stopping by my little 'ole blog and take care out there!
~Marie~

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Design just perfect for our challenge over at Completely Christmas thank you for sharing with us.....
    Hugs
    Suzy B Owner
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is happy card, Marie! I don't blame you for wanting that tag and I love how you have showcased him with that border die and the acetate strip covered in snowflakes! Very clever! I might have to steal this idea!! Thank you so much for playing in my second NBUS Challenge and for your kind promotion!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have acetate sheets and I have only used them once or twice. Your card inspires me to dig mine out, too!!! Love how yours turned out. So fun and festive!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great hun and the snowman looks so happy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling little snowman and I just love those snowflake borders!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for my CHNC challenge extra for September - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is just the cutest card ever what a lovely image too and the layout is perfect for our challenge over at “ Sparkles Christmas Challenge Snowmen “ good luck and hope to see you again next time Dt Member Sandra H xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute card and I love the dies you've used. Thanks for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' this month for our Christmas Critters challenge! Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous. I love how you've used the acetate. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas Challenges.
    Hugs Helen P (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh I love this design, a lovely card. Thanks so much for playing along at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' xx

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...