Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Another birthday card...

This time for a good friend from college!  We share the same birthday month, so I like to send her a card each year.  This year it is late, but I warned her ahead of time...she was renovating her kitchen too, so she knows what we were going through!  LOL!  Anyway, here is her card this year:
 
 
I wanted to play with Distress Inks again, so I grabbed Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers, and Mowed Lawn.  I channeled my inner Kristina Werner:  I inked the paper, making sure to blend well in between.  Then I splattered some water droplets on top and dried the paper.  Next, I smooshed each inkpad onto my craft sheet and spritzed them with water.  I grabbed a brush, ran it thru one color at a time, and flicked it onto my paper, making sure to clean the brush in between flickings.  I made a heck of a mess (think ink splatterings all over my palms!), but I had fun, and I love the result!  The words and tag were cut with my Cameo, and that's about all there is to this card!  I really hope Laurie likes it!
 
I couldn't find any challenges to link this up to, so I hope I'll still get some comments!  Thanks for stopping by!  :)
 
~Marie~
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

IT'S TIME FOR THE {BYSHC} SPRING INTO CHRISTMAS LINKY HOP 2024

Hello, crafty friends!  It's time again for the linky party hosted by the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers.  This linky party is a gr...