Tuesday, May 26, 2015

CASE-ing Christmas, and Jingle Belles

Good afternoon everyone!  It's Tuesday, but it sure feels like Monday after that long weekend we had here in the USA.  God Bless all those who have served, and those who still serve in our armed forces.  I know I couldn't do what they do!  Thank you!  My Dad served in the Air Force during Vietnam.  I can't imagine what it must have been like for my mother at the time...living with her in-laws, and raising my brother while Dad was gone.  Anyways...
 
I'm here today to share a card I made yesterday:
 
 
This sentiment is from Recollections.  I figured I really needed some stand-alone sentiments for Christmas, so I stocked up this past season.  I spent some time yesterday stamping and embossing this one and another one from Recollections in the many Christmassy embossing powders I have, so that I can throw together some easy cards.  I used Spellbinders Labels Eight to cut it out and mat it, and embossed the edges of the mat to match the image perfectly.  The embossing folder I used on the base is from Darice, and is called Snowflake.  Simple card!
 
You can also find my card in these challenges:
 
CASE-ing Christmas:  Challenge #21, CASE-ing DT member Pat's card:
 
Jingle Belles:  Let it Snow!
The Glory of Christmas:  Challenge #59, Birds or anything goes
CHNC Extra for May:  Anything goes
CHNC #230:  Use die cuts or Punches
Penny Black and more:  Dies and Punches
 
Thanks for stopping by today!  Enjoy the rest of your week!
 
~Marie~
 
 

14 comments:

  1. This is so elegant and gorgeous! I LOVE the silver on white, the beautiful texture, and the the fabulous die cut sentiment panel! Thank you for joining us at CASE-ing Christmas! HUGS! :) Mynnxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card has a lovely crisp and elegant feel to it Marie.

    It's lovely to see you at Penny Black and More challenge, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are wonderful! Classic! Thank you for sharing with us at The Glory of Christmas - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pure and elegant take on all these challenges, Marie! Well done!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how a big sentiment stamp just makes the card ... so glad you *let it snow* with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mooie kaart, alleen met tekst. Bedankt voor je deelname bij CHCC Extra.

    Groetjes, Renate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful CASE of Pat's card Marie! Love your embossing! Thanks for joining us at CASE-ing Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not sure I've ever been to your blog before, I'm sure I would have remembered the title LOL!
    What a great CAS Christmas card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black & More this month.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for entering The Glory of Christmas challenge 59 with your lovely crafting, Hazel, DT - thanks also for entering this into both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very elegant card and beautiful CASE of Pat's card, Marie!
    Thanks so much for joining us at CASE-ing Christmas.
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card - thanks for joining us at The Glory of Christmas Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for doing such a great job case-ing Pat's card, so elegant. See you again I hope at Case-ing Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous CAS Christmas card. Love the embossing. Thanks for joining us over at the 12 MOC Challenge blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my gosh what a COOL card! (sorry for once the pun was unintentional, lol!) great take on the inspo card and our snowy fun at ♥JINGLE BELLES♥!

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...